Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Needing to Catch some Z's

With Kaden's cough, it has been a pretty bad last couple of nights. Monday night, neither Jimmie or I was able to get much sleep, because Kaden would wake up crying and we didn't know why. We tried just giving him his pacifier, but that didn't seem to work, and since we were so annoyed with constant crying, it seemed that there was nothing else to do. At around 2am Jimmie graciously volunteered to take Kaden downstairs to see if the swing would help, since I had been getting up farely frequently to calm him down. This gave me chance to sleep a little because usually Jimmie is able to sleep through most of the crying. But he knew that I was getting frustrated and deprived of sleep. However, what he tried to do didn't work either. So around 4am Kaden finally went back to sleep in his room, and we were able to get only a few more hours in. Luckily last night wasn't as bad. I was only waken up by the sound of his horrendous cough that sounded like he was choking. I just hope tonight will be better, and that this cold will be over soon, because I'm not sure how much more of this I can take. (And to you mothers who have been throught it all, I know what your thinking. That this isn't nothing, and wait till the real stuff comes when he's older) :)

No comments:

Jimmie, Alyssa, Kaden, and Benjamin